Boeing’s Dreamlearners Educational Program
Boeing South Carolina’s DreamLearners educational program has reached nearly 290,000 students and community partners since 2012. DreamLearners offers the opportunity for South Carolina students in grades 5-12 to visit Boeing South Carolina and learn more about careers in aerospace. Boeing also offers the opportunity for classroom speaking events, and visits from teachers, administrators, university students and faculty.
- June 2017: South Carolina School for the Deaf and the Blind: “[It] is the state’s specialized school for students who are deaf or blind. The main campus is located in Spartanburg, but the school serves students statewide through its campus and outreach programs.”
- October 2016: Three collegiate straight gay alliances: University of South Carolina, Citadel College, and Medical Campus of University of South Carolina.
- October 2015: South Carolina We Are Family: “[It] has been providing support, resources, and leadership development opportunities to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, intersex, (LGBTQI) and straight ally youth since 1995.”
Boy Scouts of America
Boy Scouting is for boys who are at least 10-11 years old, but not yet 18 years old. Boy Scouts develop character, citizenship, and personal fitness as they follow the Scout Oath and Scout Law. The Boy Scouts of America is the largest youth organization in the United States, with over five million members in its age-related divisions. More than 110 million Americans have been members in the history of the BSA. Saturday, Sep. 13, 2014, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Further information on the Weather Merit Badge can be found here.
National Weather Festival
The annual National Weather Festival highlights the many weather related organizations and activities in central Oklahoma. This unique event features hourly weather balloon launches, childrens activities, storm research vehicle displays, amateur radio demonstrations, a Storm Chaser Car Show and weather related information and products. Visitors can view the National Weather Center’s premier facilities including National Weather Service forecast operation areas.
- Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. National Weather Center, 120 David L Boren Blvd., Norman, OK.
- Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. National Weather Center, 120 David L Boren Blvd., Norman, OK.
- Saturday, Oct. 29, 2011, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. National Weather Center, 120 David L Boren Blvd., Norman, OK.
Junior Achievement (JA)
JA impacted over 4.5 million U.S. students in more than 197,000 classrooms during 2013-2014. A volunteer-delivered, k-12th grade programs foster work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills, and use experiential learning to inspire students to dream big and reach their potential. With the help of more than 213,000 volunteers, JA students develop the skills they need to experience the realities and opportunities of work and entrepreneurship in the 21st-century global marketplace.
- Friday, Oct. 26, 2012, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.